The term ‘tarkatrail.org.uk’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance, graphics and photographs. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trade marks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
In order to add a business listing to this website, a user must create a website account in order to login and manage their own listings.
- A business listing cannot be created without an account
- An account is required when purchasing advertising products.
- An account is not required when purchasing goods.
- In order to create an account you must supply a valid email address.
- You must create a strong password that cannot be easily replicated. Use of weak passwords puts the security of the entire site at risk.
- We reserve the right to delete any account and related content if we deem the account to have been abused.
- We reserve the right to change all account passwords or close all accounts in the event of a security breach.
- Multiple listings can be controlled by one account owner.
- In the event of a lost password a facility has been provided to reset your password. This is dependent on you having access to the email address on your account.
We offer a free business listing service available to businesses connected to The Tarka Trail. The purpose of this website is to promote the use of the Tarka Trail and to promote businesses that are of benefit to tourism and to Tarka Trail users.
- We will accept any business that would benefit tourism and holiday makers visiting the Tarka Trail (for example:
- Places to purchase food and drink
- Businesses that offer accommodation
- Cycle hire, sales and maintenance
- Visitor centres and tourist attractions
- Businesses that offer services to tourists
- Walking or cycling equipment sales or hire
- Community groups or event management
- Gift shops
- Pet shops )
- We reserve the right to refuse a listing if we deem it not relevant to, or does not benefit tourism or users of the Tarka Trail.
- We reserve the right to refuse a listing if we deem the content to be illegal or offensive in any way.
- This is a child friendly site, so we cannot accept listings for any adult orientated business.
- When adding a listing, you must ensure that you have permission to use all text, images or references. We will remove a listing if a copyright challenge is made.
- When adding a listing, please ensure that your listing is added to the correct category. You can add your listing to multiple categories if it is relevant. We reserve the right to change the category if it is incorrect or irrelevant.
- You may add and manage more than one business from a single account
- Only one entry per business is allowed.
- If you add an email address to your listing, this will be published making it visible to email harvesting bots which could result in an increase in spam, junk mail. We cannot be held responsible if this happens. Only publish your email address if you are aware of this and agree to it.
- Our listings make use of Google Maps. We are not responsible for and cannot control the information the maps display.
- All listings are manually inspected before being published. It is our decision whether your listing is published or not.
For all businesses listed on the Tarka Trail website, there is the option of paying for additional exposure through advertising and featured listings.
- MPU Adverts are standard 300px x 250px MPU’s and can feature a full advert (static or animated).
- MPU Adverts can link through to your listing or directly to a url of your choice.
- Featured adverts are smaller and feature only a logo or simple design.
- Featured adverts link only to your listing.
- Both Featured adverts and MPU’s are purchased in three month / quarterly blocks.
- Stats on how your MPU advert or Featured advert perform can be supplied on request.
- Payment is via Pay Pal / card only (no cash or cheque payments accepted).
- Once purchased you have seven days to change your mind in which case your money will be returned and your advert removed.
- After seven days we will not offer a refund under any circumstances.
- If we are producing the artwork for your advert then we will allow two rounds of amends after which there will be an additional charge made for the extra time spent on creating the artwork.
- If we create the artwork, then any spellings, links or factual information is your responsibility to check.
- Once the artwork is created it will not be changed or altered in any way unless an additional charge is agreed.
- We cannot offer any guarantees that visitors will respond to your advert and we cannot guarantee any increase in business.