We take privacy seriously and have taken steps to ensure that we are GDPR compliant.
Personal information such as your name, address or email address is required for creating an account or for purchasing items from this site. During a purchase, your details will be sent, securely to Pay Pal for processing.
Your account details and purchase history are stored in a database on our secure servers. They are not accessible by anyone but you and the site administrator. Your personal details will never be passed on or made available in any form to anyone else.
At any time you can request to see a copy of all your details that we store and you can also request that all your details be removed from our system.
If you use the contact form on our site, then all of the details you submit will be transferred securely and will be stored securely in our email inbox. Emails are retained indefinitely for reference, but can be deleted if requested. Please ensure that you do not send passwords or any other security sensitive information via email.
When you create an account you will be prompted to create your own password. This needs to be a strong password preferably using a combination of letters, numbers and other characters. Your password is encrypted in the database so we cannot tell you what your password is. You will need to run through the Password Reset process if you lose your password.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer or mobile phone when you browse websites
Our cookies help us:
- Make our website work as you’d expect
- Remember your login details to save you having to login every time you visit the site
- Remember your settings during and between visits
- Improve the speed/security of the site
- Record the number of visitors and the website activity which helps with site improvements.
- Collect any personally identifiable information (without your express permission)
- Collect any sensitive information (without your express permission)
- Pass data to advertising networks
- Pass personally identifiable data to third parties
- Pay sales commissions
You can learn more about all the cookies we use below
More about our Cookies
Website Function Cookies
Our own cookies
Our non-essential cookies carry out the following tasks:
- To give you the option of switching off non-essential cookies
- Determining if you are logged in or not
- Store the details of your listing before they are saved permanently to the database
- Temporarily determining your location in order to list places nearest to you (if chosen)
- To remember items in your shopping basket and your checkout details (this does not include your card information)
- Remembering if you have accepted our terms and conditions, to avoid asking multiple times.
There is no way to prevent these cookies being set other than to not use our site.
Third party functions
- Trip Advisor – The Trip Advisor widget in the footer is served directly from the Trip Advisor website and they will track user interaction.
- Pay Pal – While a transaction is taking place, Pay Pal will store information about the website, the transaction and the customer in cookies on their site.
- Stripe – Stripe is a website that carries out financial transactions. It is installed on this site but not currently used, so no information is collected.
Anonymous Visitor Statistics Cookies
Turning Cookies Off
You can usually switch cookies off by adjusting your browser settings to stop it from accepting cookies (Learn how here). Doing so however will likely limit the functionality of our’s and a large proportion of the world’s websites as cookies are a standard part of most modern websites
It may be that you concerns around cookies relate to so called “spyware”. Rather than switching off cookies in your browser you may find that anti-spyware software achieves the same objective by automatically deleting cookies considered to be invasive. Learn more about managing cookies with antispyware software.
The cookie information text on this site was derived from content provided by Attacat Internet Marketing http://www.attacat.co.uk/, a marketing agency based in Edinburgh. If you need similar information for your own website you can use their free cookie audit tool.
|Non Essental cookies